The FRC426/3 pipe drilling machine is a fully automatic machine used for drilling iron or light alloy pipes with a maximum thickness of 4 mm.
Appropriate use of the machine allows the drilling of pipes in general, but in particular those with the following shapes:
1) Straight pipes still to be closed at the ends.
2) Straight pipes open at both or just one end.
3) Pipes bend at 90°.
4) Pipes with “T” or “L” sleeves already welded on.
5) Pipes with non-aligned holes.
The operation of the machine is based on five PC-controlled movements:
- Forward movement of the bit: this is for positioning the drilling bit at the programmed distance;
- Bit rotation: this is for controlling the rotation speed of the drilling bit;
- Drilling depth: this is for determining the acceleration, depth dimension and horizontal travel height at which the bit will operate;
- Pipe rotation: this is for rotating the pipe to be drilled with angles from + 90° to – 90°;
- Translation of the drilling unit: used for particular reaming work, for interpolation and tool change.